Body dragging is an essential skill every kiteboarder needs to know. During this lesson, you’ll learn how to determine wind direction and safe wind directions for kiteboarding. Our expert instructors will guide you through the step-by-step kite setup process, and teach you how to fly the kite with one hand from left to right.
You’ll also learn the different types of body drags, including downwind and upwind body drags. With practice, you’ll be able to perform upwind body drags while holding the board in your hands. Our instructors will explain the main purposes of body dragging and how to recover your board using body drags.
This lesson is the intro to body dragging. It will cover the following:
- You will learn how to determine what direction the wind is coming from. (ON SHORE-OFF SHORE…..)
- You will learn what the safe winds directions are to kite in.
- Step by Step kite setup
- Left to Right one hand flying
- Downwind body drags
- Upwind body drags
- Upwind body drags with board in hands
- Learn the main purposes of body dragging
- Practice recovery of board using body drags