Looking to learn the exhilarating sport of kiteboarding? Our intensive one-day course covers everything you need to know to get started!
For $400.00 per person, you can join us for an action-packed day of training. Plus, bring a friend and get $50.00 off!
Here’s what you can expect to learn during your lesson:
In the first part of the day (1-2 hours), we’ll cover:
- Site assessment and wind direction/speed check
- Fundamentals of kitesurfing, including wind and sea conditions, and equipment
- Understanding the “Wind Window”
- Flying a 3m beach power kite and trainer foil kite
- Kite assembly, safe launch and landing techniques, and pre-flight checks
- Rider hand signals and using harnesses
- Practice launching and landing techniques
In the second part of the day (2-3 hours), we’ll move on to:
- Body dragging basics, including controlled downwind, direction changing, upwind, and balance bodydragging
- Introduction to boardstart theory
- Boardstarts in the water
- Continuous waterstarts and riding with constant power delivery from the kite
- Basics of learning to lean back in the harness and edging the board
- Controlling our speed
- Upwind riding and baby jumps
- Lesson recap
We’ll also provide individual suggestions on how to continue the sport in your area and information about suitable kites and boards to buy, including discounts and new equipment package deals.
All equipment is included in the kiteboarding lesson, but please bring sensible sturdy shoes, a towel, swimwear, suncream, sunglasses, and warm clothes if it’s cold. Get ready for an unforgettable day of kiteboarding with us!