This is a fast class which covers everything you need to know about kiteboarding! One day of intense training.
$400.00 Per Person – Bring a friend and get $50.00 off!
First part of the Day 1-2 hours
- Introductions with site assessment (Check Wind Direction and Speed)
- Fundamentals of kitesurfing – wind, sea conditions & equipment
- The “Wind Window”
- Beach power kite / trainer 3m foil kite flying
- 3m Trainer inflated kite flying exercises
- Kite assembly
- Safe kite launch / land techniques
- Pre-flight checks
- Rider Hand Signals
- Flying of Kite using harnesses
- Lanuch and Landing practices
Second Part of the Day 2-3 hours
- Body Dragging Basics
- Controlled downwind bodydragging, direction changing, upwind and balance bodydragging
- Introduction to boardstart theory
- Boardstarts in the water
- Continuous waterstarts and riding with constant power delivery from the kite
- Basics of learning to lean back in the harness and Edging the board
- Controlling our speed
- Upwind riding
- Baby Jumps
- Recap of Lesson
The lesson is completed with:
- Individual suggestions on how to continue the sport in their area.
- Information about suitable kites and boards to buy -including discounts /school kits and new equipment package deals that we offer.
All equipment is included in the kitesurfing lesson.
Please bring – Sensible sturdy pair of shoes, towel, swimming costume, suncream, sunglasses, and warm clothes if it’s cold.