This lesson is the intro to kiteboarding. It will cover the following:
- You will learn how to determine what direction the wind is coming from. (ON SHORE-OFF SHORE…..)
- You will learn what the safe winds directions are to kite in.
- You will learn the importance of reading weather and water conditions. (Lightening is BAD!!!)
- You learn about the “WIND WINDOW” how it works, how to find it, and how to use it.
- You will learn Kite Ethics
- Learn Wind and Kite terminology (Thermal Wind?)(Kite Loop?) (Finger?) (Strut?) (Leading Edge?)
KITE FORMULA TO REMEMBER
wind speed X weather conditions+ Wind Direction= SAFETY!!!!!!
You will fly a 3meter trainer(foil) kite and practice flying and hitting certain spots that lead to understanding the powerzone and break down of the “WIND WINDOW”. Work on power dives and other kite flying techniques.