If you’ve mastered kite control and body dragging, you’re ready for water starts! This is where the fun really begins. Our expert instructors will guide you through the skills, theory, and safety measures behind water starting in a controlled environment.
During this lesson, you’ll learn how to determine wind direction and safe wind directions for kiteboarding. You’ll also learn kite setup techniques, followed by an instructor checking for any mistakes. We’ll guide you through controlled downwind, direction, upwind, and balance body dragging, and teach you the theory behind board starts.
Once you have the theory down, it’s time to put it into practice. We’ll teach you how to perform board starts in the water, and guide you through continuous riding with constant power delivery from the kite. You’ll also learn how to edge the board and control your speed, as well as upwind riding techniques.
Safety is a top priority, and we’ll demonstrate how to perform a deep water self-rescue in case of an emergency.
Our Water Start kiteboarding lessons cover the following:
- You will learn how to determine what direction the wind is coming from. (ON SHORE-OFF SHORE…..)
- You will learn what the safe winds directions are to kite in.
- Kite setup on your own, followed by instructor checking for any mistakes.
- Kite set-up
- Controlled downwind, direction, upwind and balance bodydragging
- Introduction to boardstarts theory
- Boardstarts in the water
- Continuous riding with constant power delivery from the kite
- Edging the board and controlling the speed
- Upwind riding
- Demonstration of deep water self-rescue